Saturday, May 23, 2009

11 years ago today....

....I married my best friend. Yes, we celebrated 11 great years today! This year our anniversary fell on a Saturday that I had off, so Norm took off too. And after much reservation, I decided to let the kids go to the mountains with their grandparents this weekend. I was feeling a bit of panic right after they left, but I have to admit, it was very nice for Norm and I to have some time just for us and not have to look at our watches and worry about getting home to the kids. We slept in, (well, I couldn't sleep after 7:30...but that is sleeping in for me) so Norm slept in and I got up and sat on the deck with a cup of green tea. I really should do that more often.....it was so peaceful. Than we headed out to Kitchen Kettle Village. On the way we stopped at several multi-family yard sales in Amish country and scored a few good finds.....and some yummy baked goods. One of them had the smoked chicken BBQ for sale so, since it was nearing lunch time, we picked up a couple of pieces and headed to the Village to eat. Best 4$ lunch ever (2$ a piece)! There are so many neat shops at Kitchen Kettle Village and surrounding it. We enjoyed just browsing at our own pace. Then we went to Twin Bays Cafe for dinner, which was very nice. What a great anniversary day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to you! Sounds like such a fun weekend--and terrific weather for it! You guys look the same as the picture 11 years ago.
Kelly

Amy said...

I love the picture of you and Norm! So young ... and so much hair on Norm ... :) (That part kind of reminds me of my own wedding pictures! HAHA) Glad you had a fun and relaxing day!

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

You look so beautiful in your wedding picture. Eleven years is something to be proud of!

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Happy Anniversary Kel! I've been enjoying reading your blog! Love your new name and style! XO