Thursday, July 31, 2008

Gotta give the girl some credit

Looking through entries on my blog, you might think I play favorites, bragging about all of Nathans recent accomplishments; graduating Kindergarten, catching a fish, swimming across the pool. I think I sometimes forget that Kaitlyn's accomplishments, though small, are a big deal to her. Of course I praise her when she does something well, like staying in the lines when she's coloring, learning how to pump the swing (believe me, I was thrilled about that one...no more pushing!), making her bed. I'm sure when it was my first doing these things I made a bigger deal over them. So why shouldn't these things deserve an entry in the blog too? Today, Kaitlyn did so well at her swim lesson. She went from just putting her mouth in the water to blow bubbles her first lesson to fully immersing herself and even swimming a bit on her own with her face in the water. I was very proud of her. I tried to take some video, but my camera card was to full. But I will post one soon. I'm going to make a special effort to celebrate each big and small accomplishment of both of the kids equally. And be sure I'll let you all know about them!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I do the same thing with Rebecca. That is great news about the swimming. She is such a determined little girl that I had no doubt she would catch on very quickly. Congratulations Kaitlyn!