Saturday, July 12, 2008

My olympic swimmer

So Nathan and Kaitlyn had their first swim lesson on Thursday. I have been wanting them to have them for a while, because they spend so much time at Mom-Mom and Pop's pool and I'm worried about them falling in the deep end....especially since Mom-Mom and Pops do not swim. The lady that gives them their lesson is my co-worker's Mom and she used to teach the swim class at the YMCA. The kids were very comfortable with her. Kaitlyn was a bit afraid to try things without her swimmies on, but Nathan jumped right in and did everything she asked him to. After feeling out what he could do and showing him how to stroke with his head in the water, she had him over on the deep side. Before we left the first lesson, he jumped in on the deep side and swam all the way across to the other side by himself! I was so proud. I didn't know he was that good! I think he found his niche. I was proud of Kaitlyn too. She will just need a lot more instruction. But at least I know Nathan can hold his own, if he were to fall in the deep side. We tried it again at Mom-mom's pool. Check out the video.

No comments: