Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Great Outdoors

....or I should say the incredibly hot outdoors! It seems we picked one of the hottest weekends this summer to go camping. We made the most of it though. Thank goodness good old Dad (my Dad) installed an air conditioner in the camper last week. That definitely made it bearable to sleep in there. We spent the hottest hours of the days swimming. The campground we went to-Yogi Bear's Jellystone Campground, had a big pool and a really fun water park area for kids (and Mom's and Dad's). The rest of the time we spent doing some of the activities around the campground. We went fishing, watched a movie in the pavilion, visited the game room, went on a hayride, the kids got to pan for precious stones and fossils, which was a big hit with both of them. We also went for ice cream one night and what's camping without making smores? We did that too! All in all, our first family camping trip was a success! We made some great memories. The kids loved it and Norm and I even got a little R &R. I'm sure this was just the first of many camping experiences. Our "home away from home" for the weekend. Some sibling love. The kids with Yogi and the gang. Panning for treasures. "Whhoooooohooooo!" Goofball Nathan acting like Incredible Hulk under the leaking water tower. One of those R & R times. Kaitlyn and I on the hayride. Nathan fishing. Kaitlyn fishing.

No comments: