You can find the recipe for this here.
I modified it quite a bit. I used leftover grilled chicken, so since it was already cooked, there was no need for it to be in the slow cooker all day. I sauteed the onions in butter till soft and added some minced garlic (from a jar) to that. Then I mixed the soups, chicken, some frozen veggies, and 1 can of chicken broth (in place of the water). Seasoned that up a bit with some salt and pepper, added the onion and garlic, and put it in the crock-pot and microwaved it for about 5 minutes to get everything really hot. I have a crock-pot that you can remove from the base. I put it back on the base and left it on high for about 2 hours. For the last hour I added the biscuits. I used one pack instead of 2, and just cut them into quarters instead of tearing them. Place the biscuit pieces on top and press them down just to get the tops moist. After an hour the ones in the middle were still doughy inside so I finished them in the oven at 450 for about 10 minutes. If you follow the allrecipes directions, I would put them in the crock for the last 90 minutes, not 30. They won't be done.
Everyone but Nathan liked this. I knew he wouldn't. He doesn't like anything soup-ish or wet biscuits. But at least he ate the chicken out of his.It tasted great as leftovers too!

1 comment:
That is absolutely, one hundred percent, my kind of meal. I love, love comfort food and this looks so easy and so good!
Post a Comment