Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fresh start!

My New Years resolutions good intentions are as follows:
I never make resolutions. I know better.

Like the rest of America,....To workout, eat healthier and lose 10 lbs.
I set my goal at 15 at first and I believe I have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 months that I have been exercising, although it is hard to tell because the scale reads differently almost daily depending on when I weigh myself. I'm sure the holidays may have added a couple of lbs. back on. This one shouldn't be too hard to keep since I've been at it for a couple of months already, and in light of my recent blood pressure issues, It is necessary for me to make this lifestyle change.

To have more patience with the kidsSomedays it takes very little to cause me to get aggravated or angry.  Maybe I have to start putting myself in a time-out.

No yelling.  Goes with the above.

To make special "dates" for one-on-one time with the kids.  It is rare now that they are both in school all day to have that with either of them and I really miss that.

To de-junk and organize.  I attempt this several times a year, but never seem to get through the whole house. I'm hoping I can achieve this since I have more time to work on it while the kids are in school.

To spend more time in prayer and devotion. So important!

Well there it is!  I'm trying to keep it reasonable and achievable! Now that I've told you all my resolutions good intentionsmaybe I'll feel accountable to keep them.

Do you make New Years resolutions?

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Good, good resolutions. I too, have the Bible/prayer time on my list. I'm trying to do the read the Bible in a year program .... again. Last year I made it to April and then fell off the wagon. Which is sad, because if you can make it through Leviticus, the rest should be smooth sailing, right?