Saturday, November 20, 2010

What's for dinner? Sweet Potato Fries

I never liked sweet potatoes till I had them as fries. These are soo good!

Take a couple of sweet potatoes...they are big, so 2 or 3 is plenty for us.

Cut them up into thick fries (about 1/2 inch or a bit thicker, and I leave the skins on) 

Line a shallow pan with foil. (just to save my dish-washing hands) 

Drizzle with olive oil.  

Season with whatever you like. I used Tastefullly Simple Seasoned Salt, and some garlic salt.


Toss to coat.


Bake at 425 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  You can flip them halfway, but I didn't and mine got nice and crisp brown on the bottom-just the way I like 'em!
Delicious!  It's the perfect combination of sweet and salty!



3 comments:

Karen said...

YUMMY Kel, They are one of my favorites!! I'm glad they came out so good!! Mom

Jennifer said...

Yum! Do your kids eat these? I love them, but Sarah would rather die than eat them...

Teresa said...

My family is in love with sweet potato fries, but I've never made them at home....I'll have to give it a try.
Thanks for the recipe and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Teresa