Friday, April 9, 2010

A table top wreath holder



















I wanted something tall-ish for the other side of this table and thought that a small wreath holder would be perfect.  

I had some scrap wood and a dowel already.  I cut the dowel to the height I wanted and cut the wood for a square base.  (Ok, I made hubby cut it!) Then I he drilled a spot for the dowel to fit into on the base.  I found a dowel topper (I believe that is what it was called) at the craft store, and I glued them together with wood glue. I used the kind that you put into that caulk gun thingy (yes, I believe that is the technical name for it)  I had gorilla glue, but I didn't want to see any oozing so I didn't use it, but that would've worked too. 

I didn't take a picture before it was painted, but I used a creamy white spray paint that I had and then use the paint-on, wipe off technique with some coffee brown craft paint.  Then I sprayed a small brass hook with Oil Rubbed Bronze and put that in.   
You could get fancier with the topper and use a finial or different knobs, but I just wanted to keep it simple.  It's just what I wanted and it's perfect for hanging small wreaths/candle rings or signs.



I'm linking up to Frugal Friday over at the Shabby Nest.

2 comments:

Stephanie Cameron said...

Cute!! I might whip one of these out.

Laura said...

Well, you are just clever! Look at that! It looks so pretty, and it does add the perfect height on your table.