Say a prayer for us this weekend. Norm is going to tear up the kitchen floor to replace it. I say pray for us, because it's going to be really difficult. There are 3 layers that have to come up. Under the peel and stick linoleum that is there now, is another roll out vinyl floor that has been screwed down with 2 inch screws into the sub-floor. And there is a second sub-floor on top of the main that has to come up too. We determined we had to get the top peel and stick layer up to get to the screws to take them out, so Norm and I started last night. They came up much easier using a heat gun, but it will take a while. The floor underneath is super sticky now. You are like a bug on fly paper if you step on it! Anyway Norm and his brother will continue with the demo today. Dangerous tools have to be used to cut the floor out around the cabinets. Pray no one looses a finger! I'll post pictures of the finished project when it is done....whenever that may be.

God help us! I need to stay far away from the house while this is going on. It makes me nervous!
3 comments:
Wow...3 floors! Good luck...I'm sure it will be gorgeous when it is done!
I am sure all the work you are doing is going to pay off and then some. It will be a beautiful floor to go along with the beautiful kitchen.
Looks like one of your 3 layers looks like our old kitchen floor. Gotta love the 70s.
Post a Comment