Ok, the clipping part is not really an art......just a pain in the rear!
I am horrible at using coupons! I clip them and forget to bring them to the grocery store, or I bring them and forget to use them. I do take advantage of the sales and buy store brands of a lot of things to save money....but I know I can do better. We do not get a newspaper but lately I've been getting the coupons from my Mother-in-Law after she goes through them. I clip out anything we use, or may try if the coupon saves us a lot...sometimes store brands or other brands are still cheaper. I check the store fliers and try to use coupons for what is on sale that I have a coupon for as well, and stock up on things that will keep. My cousin's wife, Sande, has this down to a science and saves tons of money!! (Sande feel free to leave a comment and share some tips with my readers....all 6 of them!..lol) I find that this takes extra time making my list, sorting coupons and shopping....making sure what I'm getting is exactly what the coupon is for, But the savings are worth it!....Momma wants a new dining set!!

Today I went to Giant with my Triple coupons in hand, bought $90 in groceries and paid $60.
Although looking at the receipt right now it looks like they only doubled my coupons instead of tripling them. Grrrrrr! Could have saved more!
Do you use coupons?
3 comments:
Hey girl! That's awesome that you saved $30!! Definitely go back and ask that they reimburse you the extra amount that you should have saved.
In regards to being organized, i use a 3 ring binder and baseball card holders to hold my coupons. i think i have a picture of it on my wall photos. there are so many websites out there, such as thecouponmom.com and www.becentsable.blogspot.com. use these websites to help you get started and they also show you where you can find online coupons to print.
They will only triple ones up to $.75--maybe that's why they didn't? I used to be a coupon freak--saved a ton. Now, I confess I've let it go. It's so hard to keep up. I've been getting stuff more at Costco lately to save. I just noticed though that the new BJs coming to Oaks is going to accept coupons which Costco does not. So, maybe I can do double the savings by shopping there and using coupons....hmmm....of course, you do have to pay for the membership as well.
I clip them sometimes too. Usually they expire before I can use them, or it requires me to buy way too much of something. I need to be a little better with it too since I am also saving for new furniture!
Post a Comment