Friday, June 12, 2009

Schools out!!!

Yay! Today was the last day of school! I'm so glad to be done with that schedule for a while and have the kids to myself. I really love to have them home with me in the summer!......(ask me again in a couple of weeks.....they were already bickering like crazy today) Anyway, it was a happy and a bit emotional day. Kaitlyn is a preschool grad! She is more than ready for Kindergarten, and she will do just fine, but I remember the emotions when Nathan started. Oh.....I'll save that for September! I was a bit sad that our preschool days are over. After four years in a row there, I was super comfortable with Mrs. Hunter and had gotten to know some of the families pretty well. I'll miss all the little performances that were always super cute, all the art projects that the kids would present to us so proudly, and getting the report at the end of the day about what the children did in class. You don't get that in Kindergarten. We met the preschool kids at Reservoir Park, where they played, had popsicles , posed for pictures, got special gifts from their teachers, and said their goodbyes. Ahhhhh, the end of a chapter. Ashlyn and Susanna with Kaitlyn. with Miss Plummer and Mrs. Hunter Emma and Kaitlyn I am so proud of Nathan! He dove right into first grade and adjusted fine to going full day. He really loved all the new things first grade had to offer! He struggled a bit with reading at first, then math, but never got too discouraged about it. He was still eager to go to school everyday. Well, maybe not eager, but he didn't complain. And he has improved soo much in both and ended the year with a great report card! Great job buddy! Second grade, here we come! We kicked off the summer with an all afternoon long playdate with neighbor friends! There will be a lot more of that the next couple of months! Yay summer! a glimpse into the rest of the summer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Exciting days for the kids and some long days for the moms coming up! We're headed to the Franklin today to celebrate the beginning of summer. :)
Kelly