Sunday, June 21, 2009
Daddy's Day weekend
Yesterday we headed to West Virginia to My Uncle's house for a family get together. Usually they have one around Christmas, but they didn't this year, so it had been a while since we saw everyone. Despite the pouring rain we drove down in for about an hour, it turned out to be a nice day, mostly sunny with a passing shower. The kids enjoyed playing outside with their cousin's (my cousin's kids) I have a large family on my fathers side and a lot of my cousins grew up next door to us. Were pretty close so it's always good to see them all, and my aunts and uncles too. Thanks Uncle Charlie and Aunt Sue for getting us all together each year! Kaitlyn and Nathan with my cousin's son, Zack.
The kids exploring with Uncle Charlie.
Me and Uncle Frank.
Me and my cousin Michelle.
Father's Day: Today I woke up feeling not so great, I must have gotten what Nathan had last week. I pretty much laid around like a bump on a log all day while Norm made breakfast, took the kids to church, made lunch, took the kids to Valley Forge, made dinner and mowed the lawn and is right now, at 8:30 pm, chasing Kaitlyn around on a bike somewhere in the neighborhood, while Nathan walks along. I'm sorry honey! I'll make it up to you next weekend. The kids made cards for Norm and also a special gift they made in Sunday School. I had ordered him a grilling cookbook he had been wanting, but it didn't come in in time. Some I-O-U's are in order for this Fathers day for sure. I'm supposed to have my Dad and family over for dinner tomorrow night and don't know if that will happen either. Norm is such a great father an husband and works so hard to provide for us. He loves spending time with the kids and is definitely hands-on when it comes to helping with the kids and the household chores. Happy Fathers Day Norm!! Love you! Also Happy Father's Day to my Dad! Thanks for always being there when I need you! You work so hard and still make time to come over and help us with a house project or fixing something. You've taught me great values and have been a great example to me and your grandchildren. Love you!
The kids looking for critters in a stream at Valley Forge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment