Thursday, June 21, 2012

Can you say, HOT?

What did we do before air conditioning?  We are 2 1/2 days without it now in the middle of a heat wave and we are miserable.  I hate sweating in my house when I am just sitting on the couch.  The kids slept at my parents last night and we came home armed with 2 window unit AC and extra fans.  My Dad brought over a 3rd window unit today.  Running 3 units with multiple fans made a whole lot of white noise!. . . . and also proved to be a bit too much for our circuit-breaker.  So now because we found out the unit in our family room was on the same breaker as our bedroom upstairs (who was the funny man that wired this house??) we have an extension cord running to the kitchen. We had one astronomical estimate and we have someone coming tomorrow who hopefully will give us a more reasonable one, but for now,  I will sit in the dark, and listen to my white noise so I don't over-load our breakers.  Good times!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh the irony that the post below this one is called "best day ever"....you should've called this one "worst day(s) ever!" LOL! ;)