My kids got along . . .no, they not only got along, they were loving on each other all day. spending time together, helping each other out. I didn't even have to ask them too! Love that! Love them!
We packed a lunch in the morning, made a stop at the library so the kids could check out some books, and headed to one of the their favorite places since they were little. There is a farm (or wildlife preserve as it is named) only 10 minutes from our house. The picture from my header was taken there. They have farm animals, but they also have turkey's, deer, foxes, bunnies, various wild birds like owls, hawks and a bald eagle, and some new additions this year with a reptile exhibit, a skunk, a mink, and 2 adorable wolf cubs. It's completely free and I love that the kids still find it so enjoyable since it brings back great memories of visits there when they were little. I remember Nathan used to try to make the sounds of all the animals when he was just a baby.
Just below the farm, there is a river and a beautiful grassy picnic area.. . . . Did I mention the weather was absolutely perfect yesterday?!
We ate our picnic lunch by the river, threw our bread crust in the water and watched the minnows nibble at it, spotted some crayfish, and then grabbed our gloves and a baseball and had a catch in the grassy area. Kaitlyn is still working on catching with a glove. Nathan was so patient with her and threw to her gently and gave her tips on how to hold her glove and praised her ever time she made a catch. It was soo sweet!
After that we drove up the street to the local farmers market and bought a couple of vegetables and plants. There are also more farm animals there to look at.
We came home and had some down time. The kids did their summer reading for the day, and then worked together for over an hour on a Fathers Day gift. Kaitlyn helped me make a flower arrangement with our hydrangeas and then cut and arranged one all by herself that she put up in my bedroom.
No one said "I'm bored." or "can I have a friend over?"
Can I just have these kind of days all summer long, please? That was yesterday.
And today was pretty close too!
| Today |


1 comment:
LOVE THIS!!! ESPECIALLY THE LAST PICTURE!! Mom
Post a Comment