Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Fairy Garden

Last year I showed you the "Fairy House" that is actually a toad house that I purchased for our garden.  As cute and inviting as it was, no toads decided to move in, so this year I decided to do something else with the fairy house.

I've seen these cute "fairy gardens" on a lot of blogs and on Pintrest and I knew the toad/fairy house would be perfect!  So I bought a short barrel planter,  a couple of flower plants, and Kaitlyn and I planted her fairy garden.  She gathered some moss and some smooth stones, to make little stepping stones,
and then we added some flowers that will spread out and (hopefully) will spill over the sides. I think a little doll house size garden bench would be a perfect addition.  I'll have to look for one (or make one!)
Then (all on her own) Kaityln decided to add a swing.
She's so inventive!
I love that we did this together and that she will have her own little garden to take care of!
Kaitlyn says that she will know when the fairies have visited because she will see the fairy dust.  Hmm. . . . I think I have some super-fine glitter around here somewhere!

No comments: