Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Double Digits!!

How is it possible that my baby boy is 10 today?!?
I can hardly look at these pictures without tears!
Nathan turning 10 has been emotional for me.  He has officially entered the preteen stage.  And by the end of next week he will be a 5th grader. His last year in elementary school! As it turns out, Nathan is in no rush to grow up.  Maybe I babied him for too long.  He is not longing for freedom or responsibility.  He doesn't like to stray too far from his parents. . . .even if we are within eye-sight.  (for example, Just had to try and calm his anxiety about walking around the school fair without me, while I work a booth. . . .Kaitlyn was loving that idea) He still loves the comfort zone of his own home and his parents.  I think I'm ok with that.  I do love the changes we have seen recently. . . .the confidence to play baseball. . . .which hopefully will lead to confidence to try other things he was to afraid to try,  the interesting and intelligent conversations we've had lately and the vocab he has learned (and puts to use) this year, and the little things I've noticed that show his maturity.  It's happening too fast, but I'm enjoying every step, and watching the fine young man he is growing up to be!

Happy Birthday buddy!!  We love you soo much!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I've noticed the changes in Nathan's vocabulary and his increase in knowledge of the world around him. What impresses me even more, is that you can see his love for the Lord in how kind and compassionate he is toward others! I see his growth as a Christian, and I hope as he gets older, he doesn't succumb to peer pressure and will always be true to himself and the Lord! So proud of my firstborn grandchild and hope we will always share that special bond we have!! Grandmom

Amy said...

:) If it makes you feel any better, I can't believe he is 10 either!!! He sure is growing and maturing and I am so glad he tried baseball and loves it!! Seems like a great step for him.