Monday, May 21, 2012

From place mat, to pillow!

Ever since I saw this idea over at Thrifty Decor Chick, I've been looking for a place mat that I liked to try it.

This one was $3 at Target.
This is so stupid-easy!  I can't believe I didn't think of this long ago.

You just use a seam-ripper (or tiny fingernail scissors like I did) to rip open the seam just big enough to fit your hand in.  You'll want to do this on the bottom where it won't show as much.
Then just start stuffing it with poly-fill, making sure to start with the corners and pack it nice and full! I bought a 20 oz. bag and only used about half.

Then sew it back up.  Not sure what kind of stitch this is but I did it nice and tight together for a nice clean finish.

And Wha-la, a pillow! Soo easy!
$3 for the place mat, 5.99 for the poly-fill.  It's a  $9 pillow!-or less, considering I could have bought a smaller bag of poly-fill. You can't buy a throw pillow this nice for that!  I can't wait to find a few more nice place-mats to turn into pillows.

1 comment: