Sunday, April 22, 2012

What's for dinner-Saucy Pork Ribs

Hubby made these last weekend!  They were delicious!  And the sauce is super yummy!. . . . I'll make extra sauce next time!

Country Style Pork Ribs with Red Wine Vinegar Sauce
8 boneless country style Pork Ribs (about 4 lbs) excess fat trimmed     off
Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Hickory Chunks or Chips soaked in water for at least 30 min.


For the Sauce:
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tsp. minced garlic
1/2 Tsp. dried thyme
1/2 Tsp. Tabasco sauce (we left this out)
1/4 Tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 Tsp. chili powder


To make the sauce:
 Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 15 min. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temp. 


Ribs:
Allow ribs to stand at room temp for 20-30 min. before grilling.  Season w/ salt and pepper.  Grill over indirect-medium heat until meat is very tender, 1 to 1 1/4 hours, turning half-way through grilling time.  Baste w/ sauce during the last 20 minutes of grilling. Serve with remaining sauce.


We use a cast iron smoker box in the grill for the wood chips.  Norm had gotten the biggest, fattest Country Style Ribs I had ever seen so he left it on the grill the longer time.


As a side-note:  We had these with my favorite Mac & Cheese.  And I must say, each time I make it, I think it gets better and better.  I have been tweaking it just a bit, by using all extra sharp cheddar (in place of the sharp), just a little less of it and throwing some Velveeta in as well.  Seems to make it even more creamy. I also have a new favorite crunchy topping.  French's cheddar flavor french fried onions, crushed up and browned in the oven!  Yummy!

1 comment:

Steph said...

The sauce sounds super yummy Kelly! I would like to try that and I think I'll even use the Tabasco! I'll let you know if I do it. The Mac n cheese looks yummy too. It does look very creamy. Mine always comes out so dry. :0 I'll try your velveeta trick next time.
Have a great week.
Steph