Monday, September 12, 2011

Gabby

It is with a very heavy heart that I post tonight. Last night Gabby lost her fight with brain cancer.  She was suffering and God took her to be with him in Heaven.  She is made whole now.  No cancer, no scars, no pain or sadness, no fear. I have felt many emotions today, extreme sadness, relief that she is no longer suffering, and anger because she was taken from her family and did not get the miracle that we prayed for.  Gods will was not our will.  He knows best.  Thank you to all of you who prayed for Gabby during her fight.  Now please pray for the Vogel family. The loss of a child is something I can't even fathom being able to cope with.  John, Carolynn, and Gabby's sisters, Katie and Madison will need all the prayers they can get to make it through the days, weeks, months and years ahead without their precious Gabby. Rest in peace sweet princess!  I will see you again someday!

3 comments:

frances said...

Heartbreaking to say the least I will pray for this family...I have 4 kids of my own and I do not know how I would cope...Frances

Unknown said...

So, so sad. Praying for that sweet family.

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

It is so so sad, Kel. I don't imagine that absolutely anything can prepare you for the loss of a child. My heart is very heavy for John and Carolyn and their family. I will definitely keep them in my prayers. I like what you said about "God's will is not our will". He knows best. We can't see how this could be right now but we'll be able to understand someday. Rest in that. He gives the ultimate comfort...even when we're angry.