Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh Christmas tree(s)

I love the glow of the Christmas lights this time of year!  Especially when there are no lights on but the Christmas trees and the mantel.  We have our big tree in the living room, we have a small tree in the family room where we spend most of our time, and an even smaller tree in our basement that has all the kids homemade ornaments on it.  I think I am going to look for a bigger tree for down there after Christmas when I can get it cheap.  We need more room for those precious homemade ornaments. The kids even have a little tinsel tree in each of their rooms!

Our living room tree:
The kids helped decorate it, but got bored of it after a while, so I didn't have to rearrange to many.


Family room tree:
I wish we could fit our big tree in there, but there is just no room.  It would be nice to look at the big lit tree while we hang out and watch tv in there in front of the fireplace at night, but this one fits just right.

The basement playroom tree and the kids room's trees:
The kids love to have the lit trees as their night lights. They decorated these entirely by themselves and I didn't touch it.  That makes it ok that I rearranged the other ones, right?

I love having the trees up now, but come January first I'm gonna want that space back!

2 comments:

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Pretty Kel! I can't wait to finish mine! Love you!

Teresa said...

At least your kids wanted to help for a little while. I begged and pleaded for family fun decorating day, but got no takers. Nada. Hubby included. Oh well.
My boys did love having a little tree in their rooms back in the day. There's something so magical about having those little lights on while you sleep.
Merry Christmas Kelly!
Teresa