Sunday, May 9, 2010

Celebrating Mom

My dear friend (and boss), Salena lost her Mother on Friday.  Salena is the youngest of 9 children and had taken her Mom in to care for her in her old age.  She was very close to her and the loss is devastating.  It got me thinking how I can't imagine life without my Mom.
She has always been there for me and I want to take a moment to thank her.


Mom, thanks for your many sacrifices to stay home and take care of your four children.  Thanks for teaching us to know and love the Lord and for taking us to church.  Thank you for always being concerned about where I was, who I was with and what I was doing, and for not allowing me to do all the things I wanted to.....even though I didn't appreciate it at the time. Thanks for all the times you were there to answer my "Mom" questions when I was a new mom.  Thanks for being just a phone call away when I need a cooking, or laundry tip.  Thanks for taking such good care of my children when I worked and for being such a loving Grandma to them.  Thank you for being such and inspiration to me through all the health issues you endured...(which is more than any one person should have to).  You fought through and kept your faith in God to help you through, even when you thought you couldn't do it any longer. You are my hero!  Love you soo much!  Thanks for all you do!

And not to forget my wonderful Mother-in-Law who takes such good care of our children every week and does so much for us.  It is such a relief to know they are in such good hands and we do not have to worry when we are not there.  We really appreciate all you do! 

We had a great breakfast with my Mom and the rest of my family yesterday morning.  Today I am spending the day with my husband and children, having fun and  loving their smiles.  I thank God every day that I get to be their Mom. Motherhood is the hardest, yet most rewarding thing I'll ever do. I worry and pray for my kids health and safety everyday and I also pray that I can be the best I can be for my kids.

Happy Mothers day to all the Mom's out there!

4 comments:

Karen said...

It's been a pleasure and an honor to be your mom!! Love you very much and am sooo proud of the wonderful mom you've become!! Mom

Karen said...

Kel, It's been my privilege and honor to be your mom!! Hope you had a very special Mother's Day!! Love you!! Mom

Amy said...

Beautifully put, Kelly. Your Mom is a great lady, and I am so glad that her health is returning!! What a huge answer to prayer.

You are a GREAT Mom to your children. You can tell by the love for you all over their faces! :) thanks for being such a great friend and neighbor!

Karen said...

Sorry, forgot I sent the first post, but I meant it just the same! Mom