Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Paaaarrrrtaaay!

So, I made it through another year of our annual Christmas party.  Wheeeew!
As much as I try to be prepared, I still end up having lots to do the week of the party.  I literally lose sleep over it.  There are 18 kids now in our neighborhood gang. (This is not the whole neighborhood, mind you, just the ones we see the most.) I don't want them just running wild through the house so I tried to think of many games and activities for them, which is sort-of hard because their ages range so much-5 months to 11 years old.... ok , little Chloe couldn't really participate, so lets say they range from 2-11.  We had a snow storm today so the kids arrived with much excitement and pinned up energy.
They had snacks, played games, exchanged their Secret Santa books, (we do books only, as a gift) and even enjoyed a visit from Santa himself (aka, my Dad)!   So far my kids have not let on that they knew it was Grandpa.  Good times!
I do stress over it every year, but  I know the kids and adults alike really enjoy the party and look forward to it.
Sometimes I just feel a little bit like a newborn on sensory overload when all those kids are packed in my little house.
Here are some pics of the festivities:


 
 




Kaitlyn trying to guess who her Secret Santa is.









1 comment:

Karen said...

You did a fantastic job with the games and your house was beautiful. Next year make sure you ask for some help. With all of us invading your house, you don't have to do it alone. I am sure everyone would be happy to pitch in and help with a game or activity. Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality and your Santa;)