Don't ask me, but Nathan will be happy to tell you! I don't understand them, but it is apparently all the rage in first grade. Last Thursday we went to the Boy Scout pack meeting. The theme was collections. A couple weeks before Nathan had volunteered to be the one to bring the collection, his Pokemon cards, for his den and talk about it to the boys....all the boys and parents. The pack meetings are much larger then the den meetings, and I wasn't sure he knew what he signed up for. He's a bit shy when it comes to speaking up in front of lots of people.
He's never volunteered for anything, nor does he like to be the center of attention. But I figured, this is something that excites him enough to talk about it in front of everyone. So to help him out I blew up a copy of his favorite card to talk about and printed out some of the things he wanted to say on the back so he could read, if he blanked out. He did great! The boys went around to each table and learned about the collections. When it was Nathan's turn he spoke up nice and loud and read about his Pokemon collection and even answered some questions afterwards. I was so proud of him! I think his collection was the biggest hit out of them all!
And seriously......you want to get Nathan talking? Ask him about his Pokemon collection. I'm sure he'll explain each card to you one by one!
Nathan admiring, a bug collection. (I told him "Don't even think about it")
For those of you who have never seen a Pokemon card.....This is his favorite guy. It is a "powerful" card according to him.
Kaitlyn wanted to fit in!


No comments:
Post a Comment