Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My two little artists

When my refrigerator used to get too cluttered with art from the kids. I would throw one away to put another up. Sometimes this would really upset the kids when they would find their pictures in the recycle bin. So a while back, I decided we needed an "art wall". The wall going down our basement stairs was a perfect spot, and when one wall filled up we started on the other side. We now have our own gallery for all the kids masterpieces. It's actually really cool to see how their pictures "grow" as they get older. Nathan started drawing people as a head with arms and legs coming out of it. He draws stick figures now, but every once and a while, he will put clothes on them or fingers, hair and eyelashes. Kaitlyn used to scribble mostly until last year when she started drawing rainbows and suns and now she's drawing people too. They are so proud of their drawings....and so am I! So I thought I'd show them off. I like to brag just a little sometimes. Our art walls by Nathan. On the left: Nathan and his friend, Thomas with their bug catchers, and a Pirate in his ship on the right. Kaitlyn did this one in school Monday. It's her and her friend, Ashlyn. The circles in the middle are the bodies.........LOL. And there is even an attempt at writing her name. She knows all the letters she just likes to randomly write them down wherever. Nathan actually did this one almost a year ago. I thought it was awesome the way he drew this, copying one of his plastic deer toys. Nathans picture of our family. A house, flower and butterfly, by Kaitlyn. Our gallery is open to visitors anytime.........there is just a small admission fee. LOL-just kidding!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Just so you know - you are free to brag about your kids anytime. It's one of the privileges of being a mom :) The pictures are so cute. That one of the deer is awesome!! I'm glad you explained the "bodies" on Kaitlyn's drawing ... when I first looked at it, I was wondering ... anyhow, it's a perfect representation of her and Ashlyn! :)

Karen said...

What a great display. You have quite the artists there. Nathan is really great at making all the details. Like the black feet on the deer instead of just keeping it brown. Kaitlyn's rainbow is so cute. We started a wall around the perimeter of the kitchen for Emma because then it is out of reach of Rebecca. Emma gets so excited when she comes home from school because she wants to hang up her latest creation. I don't think there is a box big enough for all of us to save every creation but at least for now displaying it keeps her happy.