A couple of weeks ago, through much hesitation, we signed Nathan up for Cub Scouts. I say there was much hesitation, because it is a big commitment...for YOU as the parents as much as the scouts. They expect you to be involved in everything and be at as many pack meetings and den meetings and activities as possible. Nathan came home one day very excited about joining cub scouts.....apparently, a scout leader came to school and rounded up a bunch of little boys at recess and got them all excited to join the scouts. Nathan was begging us to go to the meeting that night. We thought it was just an informative meeting, but they were hoping for sign ups that night and Nathan had made up his mind that he was going to do it. Well, it would be selfish to hold him back. I do want him to be involved in something extra curricular so, so it might as well be something that he's showing much interest in. We can at least give it a try....as much as I dread all the added events to our calender, some of it might be fun.....I hope. We went to the first event the weekend after sign ups. It was a campfire at Valley Forge Fire Co. There were songs and skits performed by the older boy scouts. As I looked around I couldn't help feeling like I was part of a cult!....LOL. I mean some of these boys and grown men were really into singing "If Your Happy and You Know It" around a campfire. As odd as it seemed...all the little boys were smiling from ear to ear. Tonight was our first pack meeting. It was "dress your den leader night". We don't have a den leader yet so one of the scout leaders filled in for our boys. The boys got to pick various costume items for their leader to wear and then they were judge by which costume got the loudest screams. My ears are still ringing! Our den will meet again next Thurs night to make our Den flag. I guess we will have to see how far Nathan goes with this.........He could be a life-er! (Oh, I hope not) And next year I'm sure Kaitlyn will want to be a Daisy scout. My little Tiger Scout

I don't know what this means , but they all do it.

And another small, but new thing for Nathan is he's taking showers now. I'm definitely going to have to start setting a timer though. He thinks he can play as long as he wants like he does in the bathtub, but the rest of us need hot water too!
3 comments:
Oh he is growing up. If you ever have any questions about scouting please just ask Brian. He was a "lifer" too and to this day says it was one of the best things he ever did.
I poke fun.....but it I know the boy scouts are a good organization and do a lot of great things, so I'm glad he's excited about it.......Like I said, I'm just dreading the time commitment.
I think it's great that he's so excited about it. And he will thank you one day that your shower shots are from the waist up :) ps - if you and Karen are really posting comments at 5:05am and 6:33am ... well, you need to get more sleep!! Yikes!
Post a Comment