Since the kids have been back to school, I've been busy with the many craft ideas I've had stored up in my mind all summer. I made silhouettes of the kids the other day and I just love how they turned out! I saw this on one of the blogs that I stalk, I mean, read frequently. I thought I'd do a little tutorial for you all in case you would want to try it yourself. I would link you to that blog if I could remember which one, but I will just tell you how I did it. Not sure if she did it exactly this way, but I know it started with taking profile pictures of each of your kids:
Then I printed out the pictures on regular computer paper...no photo paper needed. I scaled down one size according to the size frame I was using. For instance, I used a 4x6 frame so I printed these out in 3x5 size. Then I cut out around the profiles, I used little pointy fingernail scissors. They were just more precise in cutting this size and made a cleaner cut than an exacto knife.
I cut my card stock to fit the frame, then trace the profiles on the card stock. I did this on the color I wanted surrounding the silhouette. Then I poked a hole in the middle and used my little nail scissors again to cut out the inside. (Note: with a larger size this would probably be easier to cut) I used photo tape tabs to stick the back paper on, and backed it with the color paper I wanted for my silhouette. Stick it in your frame and whaa-laa! It's probably easier than I made it sound. You can have fun with this and use designed scrapbook paper and make it fun for a kids room, or do it in pastels for a baby's room. I'm going to do some in the traditional black for my family room. These colors went better with my living room.
Hope you all are inspired to make some silhouettes!
I'll share some more of my projects later.

2 comments:
I am totally doing this... when I can find the time :) I might even make some for my mom. I think she would like it too!
I still think they would make great Christmas presents!! Mom
Post a Comment