October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I wasn't so "aware" last year, but this year it has a whole new meaning. I hope all of you gals 40+ (or younger if there is a family history of breast cancer) are getting your yearly mammograms. I've had 2 already and luckily, no signs of cancer were spotted. My friends Brian, who is my neighbor, and Kelly, my friend in Florida are walking in the Susan G. Komen 3 day walk to raise money for breast cancer research. I know the whole process of training and raising money is a very stressful process. Brian has reached his goal and Kelly is so close (only 15$ away) Yay!! And I thank them both on behalf of my Mom and my whole family! If you would like to donate to the cause by sponsoring Brian or Kelly, just click on their names to take you to their website.
Update on Mom:
Mom only has 2 more chemo treatments left!! Yay! She will then have a month with no treatment and after that, as long as the whole work-up of test show no tumors, she will start radiation, which will be every day for 5 weeks. There is an end in sight! Pray for no tumors and that she stays cancer free forever! She's been such a trooper and I'm so proud of her! Love you Mom!
Kid’s Soccer Cleats as low as $14.39!
6 hours ago

4 comments:
I am so happy for you and your mom. She is on a nicer road now...
I love you too Kelly!!!
So glad to hear that she is only weeks away from being out of treatment--that's great news!
Sorry I couldn't chat more when I ran into you today--I would have loved to. I had to be back by 11:30 to get Ash off the bus so I was rushing a bit.
Great news about your Mom, Kelly! We will certainly keep the prayers coming and hope that there will be wonderful results. Thanks for putting a link up for Brian. That is very sweet. He really appreciates the support.
Post a Comment