Saturday, June 7, 2008

A fun day for Nathan

Nathan and "Pops", Norm's Mom's husband, got to have some bonding time today. They went on a fishing outing. Nathan was up with the sun this morning so excited about his fishing trip. He had his little Superman fishing pole and tackle box all ready and sitting by the door last night. I was a bit sad knowing I was going to miss, what would probably be his first successful fishing trip, but I was happy he and Pops were getting to spend some time together. I took Kaitlyn to Wendy's for lunch and then we went over to Norm's Mom's house to go swimming an await the return of the great fishermen. Nathan and Pops got back about 12:45 and Nathan came running over to me with a big cheesy grin on his face. "I caught a bass!" he, shouts. It wasn't very big, but it was a big deal for him and it was the first catch of the day too! He reeled it in himself! Pops got some good pictures of Nathan and his "big fish". As soon as he sends them to me I will post them. We spent all the rest of the afternoon in the pool. I think my kids are going to grow gills and fins themselves by the end of the summer. They never want to get out of the pool! They are wiped out, especially Nathan. He had a full, fun day.

No comments: