A few weeks ago, my in-laws gave me a gigantic zucchini-I mean like a zucchini on steroids! I just finished using it up. I got several loaves of zucchini bread out of it (will share recipe later) and I made these twice.
This was a recipe I had pinned on Pintrest. You can find the original recipe here. That version isn't bad, but I felt it needed something more to give it more of a savory taste. So I have adapted it to my liking.
Zucchini Patties
2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2/3 cup shredded sharp or extra sharp cheddar
salt to taste
1 tsp. garlic powder
a couple grinds of fresh pepper
In a medium bowl stir all ingredients till distributed evenly.
Heat about 2 tbsp. vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
Now I could eat zucchini simply grilled or saute'd in a bit of olive oil, but for the rest of my family, I need to get more creative. Everyone but Nathan enjoyed these, but no surprise there! He's always been my picky one!
Kid’s Soccer Cleats as low as $14.39!
6 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment