Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School!

First day of 3rd and 5th grade!
Can you tell Nathan is faking that smile?
Poor guy went to school with a belly ache.  It's 1:35 and no calls from the school nurse, so I'm thinking it was just nerves.  Kaitlyn on the other hand was super-excited to get on that bus!
Kaitlyn and her girlfriends.
The whole bus stop gang!
Off they go!
I always have mixed feelings on the first day of school.  It is nice to have some kid-free days to get stuff done, but I miss them when they are not here. We had a fun-filled summer and I'm not sure I was ready for it to end . . . .and for the waking early, packing lunches, homework, etc. to begin.  On a positive note, hubby and I enjoyed a lunch date today, just the 2 of us!  I am, however, looking forward to 4:00 today to get my kids back and hear all about their first day!

No comments: