9/11 is a day that many of us will never forget. Many lives were lost, war began, more lives lost. It is definitely something that weighs heavy on my mind today.
But a year ago today, we experienced a loss that was a bit closer to home. Our little 5 year old neighbor, Gabby Vogel lost her short battle with DIPG, an aggressive brain tumor. Loving parents lost their little girl, 2 older sisters lost their baby sister, my daughter lost a good friend, and our neighborhood lost a little piece of sunshine.
Today and everyday we are missing her, and cannot begin to fathom the pain that her family has been experiencing. Little Gabby touched our lives and the lives of soo many others in her short time here on earth. Her family has started The Get Well Gabby Foundation to raise funds for Pediatric Cancer and DIPG both of which are terribly under-funded and to help families with their medical expenses. Please visit getwellgabby.org to learn more and to see how you can help. I have had the privilege of being a volunteer at some of the fund-raising events. I pray that the funds raised will make a difference. No parent should have to watch their child suffer and die. BELIEVE that one day a cure will be found.
Tonight I am lighting a candle for all the victims of 9/11 and for Gabby..
Kid’s Soccer Cleats as low as $14.39!
5 hours ago



1 comment:
Thank you for this reminder, Kelly. I think of Gabby often. Such a sad story. I hope the family are well. Do you still keep in touch with them?
Take care,
Steph
Post a Comment