Monday, January 23, 2012

My girls bedroom makeover

Kaitlyn is getting a new bedroom for her birthday!  She picked out a beautiful light aqua-blue paint color for the walls. And guess what?? I get to do the rest!  She wants to be surprised!  It just so happens that her birthday is on a Monday (Feb 6) and Norm is off on Mondays so it works out perfectly for he and I to put all the new things in her room while she is at school and reveal the room to her when she gets home!  I don't know who is more excited- me or her! Carpet is being replaced on Monday (her carpet is sage green and does not work with the paint color, plus it is at least 16 years old) I have been busy crafting and spray painting and embellishing existing accessories in her room, and have purchased new bedding and valances and a few additional accessories. . . .some of the baby-ish stuff had to go.  Anyway I am having so much fun with this and cannot wait to show you all the before and afters!  Here is a sneek peek.
I got a sweet deal on a quilt ($27), throw pillow($5), pillow sham($5) and valances($2.99) at Sears!

 Here is a closer look at the quilt.

Here is one of our inspiration pictures found at 320Sycamore
Love the pop of the bright pink with the wall color!!

I started a time consuming craft last week and finished it today.  You will have to wait for the reveal to see the finished project!

That's all I have for you for now.  You have no idea how fun this is for me!  Can't wait to show her all of it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet!! can't wait to see the finished product :)

Karen said...

She is going to LOVE it!!