Thursday, November 17, 2011

What's for dinner? BBQ Chicken pizza

I know I haven't posted a recipe in a while.  Maybe now that it gets dark earlier and the kids and I are not outside till 6:00, I'll have time to try new recipes and share them.  Today I'll share a not-so-new recipe.  This is one of our favorite uses for leftover grilled or roasted chicken. 
I use store bought pizza dough (pillsbury, 2 cans).  Roll them out on a large cookie sheet and press the seems together to make one large pizza.  Brush a generous amount of your favorite BBQ sauce all over the dough leaving about a 1/2 inch clean around the edges.  Spread chicken, cut into small pieces on top, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.  Top that with real bacon crumbles (hormel).  Drizzel more BBQ on top of it all and bake according to directions on the pizza dough can.

Easy, and delicious!

2 comments:

Steph said...

That looks yummy!!! I will try that soon -- we have all the ingredients but the cheese! :) yum! Thanks for sharing kelly.

Julie said...

Yum! Sounds super easy, too!