Friday, September 3, 2010

What's for dinner? Tangy Ranch Chicken

I have not posted a recipe in a while.  Our summer meals are usually something light, quick and easy, so I haven't really taken the time this summer to try new recipes, and those I did, were not really worth posting about.  I look forward now to having more time to cook and prepare meals this school year.  I try and at least prep for dinner as much as possible while the kids are in school.  Made this last night.  It was super easy, not many ingredients and most importantly, even the kids loved it!

Tangy Ranch Chicken

2/3  cup ranch dressing
1/3 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves

Mix dressing, mustard & sugar. Pour 2/3 cup sauce over chicken and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.  Grill or broil chicken 10 to 15 minutes until done. Serve with remaining sauce.

I did mine in the broiler and it took 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
It just taste a bit like a honey mustard chicken....not too ranchy, but I didn't have quite the amount of ranch dressing that the recipe called for.  Either way, it was pretty tasty! Will definitely make this again!

 

No comments: