Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ocean City, MD

We're back from the beach feeling refreshed! We had beautiful weather all week with the exception of a few storms at night and a shower one morning. We had a full week of playing in the sand, jumping in the waves, sea shell hunting, swimming in the pool and outdoor dinners by the water. I got time to relax, and read a book.....(while Norm was busy excavating the beach every day.....LOL) I even got down and dirty and built a few sand castles and water holes.....and have the pictures to prove it! I hate being covered in sand, but it's what I'll do for my kids! My brother and his family came from Saturday till Tuesday and the kids had soo much fun with their cousins. I enjoyed spending time with all of them as well! I took a ton of pictures of course, and could not pick just a few, so check back here soon for my vacation video montage.....these things take time! Here's the montage of our vacation. I took a lot of pictures, so it's a little long.....you might want to make some popcorn....LOL. Watch closely at the end to see the dolphins, and try not to get sea sick! Enjoy!
I can't believe summer is over and school begins again tomorrow! My baby girl starts Kindergarten.....How is that possible!?! I have to say, I don't feel as emotional as I did when Nathan started Kindergarten......that could change tomorrow. But I think she is so ready and she doesn't seem at all nervous, the way he did. Maybe that is why I'm more relaxed. It's still sad though. My big boy starts second grade. I think he and I are both more relaxed since it is not a new school and with having one year down with the full day thing. After such a relaxing vacation, I think we are all in for a rude awakening tomorrow!

No comments: