Most of you know I've been stressed out and worried with health issues my Mom is facing, but I won't blog about that because it will only make her feel bad. LOVE YOU MOM!!
Anyway, I'll choose to write about some funny little things that happened, or that the kids have said the last couple of days. My neighbor Karen posted a blog like that and I thought it was a great idea to make note of those little things.
The past couple of days/nights have been really windy. Our house makes a lot of noise in the wind with the aluminum siding, and It kept me awake for quite a while the other night, so by morning when I usually come out of my deep sleep, I was completely out! I normally hear Nathan get up and go to the bathroom like clockwork at around 6:30 am, especially since our bathroom floor creeks as soon as you step through the door. I didn't hear him that morning. However, I was very suddenly awaken by a loud thump followed by hysterical screams by Nathan "Mommy! Daddy! Mommy! Daddy!" We were in such a stupor that we didn't know what was going on, I was smacking Norm to get up, because I always think he'll get there faster, and then we both wrestled with the twisted covers to get out of bed. Norm reached our bedroom door, which we never close completely, and in trying to open it, first pushed it shut, then opened it on his foot.
LOL...I'm laughing just thinking about it! Anyway, we open the door to Nathan in hysterics with his pants to his ankles! Apparently, Norm's shaving mirror just happen to fall off the shower wall while Nathan was in there going to the bathroom! Thank goodness he was done or I'm sure there would have been a mess to clean up! His little ticker was out of control...poor thing! He woke Kaitlyn, luckily she went back to sleep. I brought him in bed with me for a while and we all had a good laugh when I was explaining our reaction to our wake up call to Nathan and Kaitlyn over breakfast........
Ok, maybe you had to be there, cause reading it just doesn't seem as funny as it was!
We went to the library yesterday. Lately Kaitlyn has been choosing books from the easy reader section so Nathan can read them to her. Usually there are one or two princess or Barbie books in the mix. Yesterday she picked out a Lil'
BRATZ book called the Fabulous Style Swap (I'm not a fan of
BRATZ, but I did let her get the book) Usually when Nathan reads these "
girly" books he doesn't want me to list them on his reading log (to save him the embarrassment, I don't), but he is willing to read them to her. It took a little more persuasion from Kaitlyn to get him to read THE FABULOUS STYLE SWAP, but he
obliged. During the reading, anytime he came upon the word fabulous or any
girly sounding phrase, he would look at me sideways with his eyes and make a grumpy face and then continue reading. I was laughing through the whole thing, especially since I was reading ahead and was anticipating his faces. It was
soo funny! I wish I had video taped it!
The last thing that comes to mind is when we were driving home from my Mom's house last night. My Dad watched the kids while I took my mom out to dinner and Norm went there after work. After bringing my Mom back home, Norm and the kids were still there and about to leave, so Kaitlyn went in my car, Nathan in Norm's. We were parked in front of Norm so we left first, and Kaitlyn thought we were racing them home.....of course they were behind us the whole way. Kaitlyn thought it was because our van was much faster than
Daddy's car. She said when we were still in the lead, close to home..."We're the winners! Daddy should put some fire-flame stickers on the sides of our van cause it is really fast like a race car!" I had her tell Norm, and he got a kick out of that! Can you see our Minivan with flame decals on the side??
LOL
My kids are always good for bringing a smile to my face when I'm down!
1 comment:
Oh Kelly, I was laughing out loud at the mental image of you and Norm stumbling around trying to get to Nathan! It was funny reading it! And the idea of Nathan making a face every time he had to say "fabulous" (and that he refuses to put it on his reading log!) Too funny... By the way, I think your van would look FABULOUS with flame stickers....
Post a Comment