Friday, February 6, 2009

Kaitlyn is 5!!

Kaitlyn turned 5 today! Quite a milestone for a little one! I'm kind of sad. She's my baby, yet there is nothing baby-ish about her anymore (except for the hissy-fits that remind me of her toddler days, but they are much less frequent now. Oh, and she does still have a few hiney dimples...lol) oh, she's gonna love me for that one!! I remember when she was born like it was yesterday. She was my perfect baby girl, only she wasn't quite perfect. The day after she was born the doctor heard a heart murmur and after some test we were told that Kaitlyn has a hole in her heart called a ventricle septum defect. I had never been so scared. The thought of my baby girl maybe needing open heart surgery was terrifying. Thankfully over the next couple of months the tissue around the hole grew to make the hole smaller. No surgery was needed! The hole is still there. Her heart swishes instead of beats, but as you can see, it does not effect her one bit! She is my perfect little girl! She had a great Birthday day! She opened her presents form us this morning. She got lots of clothes and a new bike......she's my child who actually enjoys getting clothes as gifts. She celebrated her Birthday at pre-school and then I took her to lunch at McDonalds-her choice. We had her favorite dinner-spaghetti and bread and then M0m-Mom and Pops and Uncle Dave came for brownies. She and Nathan got to go sleep over Mom-Mom and Pops house since they have them tomorrow anyway while we work. Her princess party is on Sunday. I'll be sure to post again with those pics! 2 months 1st birthday today with her teachers loving her new dress! I wanted to add birthdays 2, 3, and 4...but my computer is not cooperating......I'll try again soon.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Amazing. You don't notice them growing up each day, but when you put those pictures from each year next to each other is just blows my mind. She was adorable when she was 2 months old and she is still adorable. I loved the video where she sang to herself. That is priceless. What a sweetheart.

Unknown said...

What a little doll baby she was! Super cute. I love seeing the old pictures compared with current birthday pics. Ash is very excited for the princess party--I do hope all the girls are wearing gowns because she is coming in one!
Kelly

Rich Meister said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITLYN!!!!
Grandmom loves you!!!! Sorry I wasn't there! YOU ARE MY SWEET LITTLE PRINCESS!!xxxxxoooooo

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITLYN!!!
Sorry I wasn't there for your birthday. You're my precious little princess!!! Love you soooo much!!
xxxxxxoooooo Grandmom