(hers was at least 16 years old and didn't match the new paint color) and new closet doors (she had metal louvered doors-metal!) this would have been a very inexpensive redo. I took a lot of what she already had and changed it!
| before |
| after |
| before |
| after |
| before |
Wall shelf-painted white. Framed print from the Dollar Tree. I spray painted the frame. Fake gerber daisy's from Micheal's $2.49 that I put in a spice jar with the craft water that hardens.
Another wall shelf painted white. Stacked books from Goodwill. I painted her frames and embellished them with felt scrapbook flowers that I already had. "Friends' word form AC Moore-$3.99, I think.
Flowers added to her lampshade.
I added some bling to the trim of her night light shade.
Some bling on her memo board too, as well as updated photos.
Quilt from Sears-$27, Pillow Sham on clearance from Sears $5, throw pillow that matches pillow sham also on clearance from Sears-$5 Pink Shaggy pillow Kaitlyn bought with her own money-$12 Homegoods
Valance also on clearance form Sears-a steal at $2.99!
The framed prints were images that I found on Art.com, saved to my computer, tweaked a bit on Picnik till the colors were just right, and printed out on plain paper. Then I painted the mats with the same color bright pink I was using in the rest of the room.
This coffee filter wreath took a lot of patience (and a few glue gun burns) But I love the frilly-ness for a girls room!
The butterfly wall art was a Goodwill purchase a couple of years ago, with Kaitlyn's bedroom in mind.
Birdcage and candle from Homegoods. I burned the candle down a bit and stuck a flame-less votive inside.
Bubble glass knobs that match perfectly-Homegoods $9 for 4
Made a new bow holder out of some ribbon and a leftover flower head from the gerber daisy bunch.
Everything I worked on and had to keep hidden till Kaitlyn's birthday.
And that concludes the tour of Kaitlyn's bedroom makeover. It was a labor of love and a lot of fun for me. Kaitlyn was thrilled with her room, and very appreciative! Now we should be good for another 8 years!

3 comments:
It all looks lovely good job..she must love it. This must be the year for kids room makeovers my friend did her daughters and my sons friend had his done ...for christmas. Cheers Frances
I want to move in!
It looks like the perfect hideaway for your girl. You did an amazing job on all those extra details!
It's beautiful, Kelly.
Kelly, what a beautiful job you did!!! I am very impressed. WOW!!! I love the wreath and the butterflies on the wall. Double wow! I will have to email you for advice when the time comes for us to do Morgan's room. We still have a few years before we move and have our own home... I bet she was thrilled and surprised! You are a wonderful mom!!!
Post a Comment