Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kaitlyn's new "do"

So, I've been asking Kaitlyn since the end of summer if I could cut her hair short. I'm talking about chin length. I've reference her friend Ashlyn's hair which is short and curly....and as I should have known, Kaitlyn says "ok. short and curly". When I explain that cutting it short will not make it curly she changes her mind. Anyway, today she looked at a picture from Halloween a couple of years ago when her hair was that short and curled for her Strawberry Shortcake costume. She said she liked her hair in the picture and I asked her once again if she wanted me to cut it like that again, and to my surprise, she said "yes". I told her I would curl it for her sometimes and she was ok with that. So, before she changed her mind again, I sat her down and cut it into a cute graduated bob......(that's a fancy hairdresser term). It's actually a pretty difficult cut to do on a child. It has to be precise because of the angles, and she had to keep her head still and down for most of the cut. It seems to be even so Kaitlyn did a great job of sitting still.....that doesn't happen too often. She loves her new haircut! She did want me to put some curl in it....just for today. Here are some pictures of her makeover: The before picture...she has a piece of candy in her cheek. The after picture. The graduated part of the bob. Add a little curl and she's a happy girl!

3 comments:

Karen said...

She looks so grown up in the last picture. I love it.

Unknown said...

Love the new do. As I said to you today, she looks just like the American Girl doll "Kit" now. Those dolls are $$$. Maybe a good gift for grandparents to get her this year???? :) And, as Ashlyn's mother, I must say that Kaitlyn's hair looks a ton better than Ashlyn's. It may have some cute wave in it, but it's an unruly mop lately! And, she really wants it long! Maybe I can convince her to go shorter like Kaitlyn now!

Rich Meister said...

One of the three cutest granddaughters on the planet