Friday, June 7, 2013

Moving up!

Hello? . . . . Is anyone still here!
 It was February when I last posted. February!! And while there have been lots to post about, sporting events, birthdays, anniversaries, family gatherings...they are all old news now.  But something that is definitely blog worthy is Nathan graduating from 5th grade.  Around here that means he is done with elementary school, done with riding the bus (we live within a mile of the new school), and he's moving on to Middle school next school year!  Yikes!!
Last day of school
Coming off the bus for the last time!
I am not ready for this, AT ALL.  He's growing up! But he's still my little boy, who likes to be tucked in and kissed goodnight.  He doesn't like change. I remember starting Middle school in 7th grade.  I remember feeling panicked about finding all my classes, remembering my schedule, changing in the gym locker room, being mixed up with all these new kids I didn't know. I have anxiety for him just thinking about it.  I also hear that as a parent, you feel very disconnected as far as school goes when your child moves on to middle school.  I'm used to being involved at school, helping at class parties, and volunteering for many things and getting to know the teachers and getting to see my kids at school and see them interact with their friends and classmates.  There is very little opportunity for things like that in Middle school. That makes me sad.

Aside from the sadness and anxiety, I am very proud of Nathan!  He did great in Elementary school, had good grades each year, made friends, became more sociable and confident, and never had any behavior problems.
Well, I suppose I have all summer to prepare myself and Nathan for this big new school.  For now we are gonna focus on fun!
Off to the beach tomorrow!

No comments: